I was recently asked to speak on the emergence of the world changers to a group of people who were getting ready to leave the four walls of a higher institution. As I thought about it and began to prepare for the meeting, something consistently rang in my mind. It was Romans 12:2 – Be ye continually transformed by the renewing of your mind. I really like the way the New Living Translation puts it. It says ‘Don’t copy the behaviour and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is.’
If you are going to be a world changer you cannot change the world with the same mind that the world operates with. Your mind has to be different for you to change the world. You can’t operate in the same way as some people do and expect to change them. You have to be different from them to see what needs to be changed. It is important for you to operate at a higher platform
When you think about being a world changer then you have to be a thermostat and not a thermometer. A thermometer will only take the temperature of the atmosphere. That’s how regular people operate. They conform to the environment and change nothing in it. They are satisfied with what they see, what they hear and what they get.
A world changer can’t operate like that. He or she has to be a thermostat. A thermostat will change the environment to its desired condition. So as a world changer you will have the responsibility or constantly thinking about change. How can things get better or what can we do to improve things will be your dominant thoughts.
The topic ’emergence of the world changers’ also brings out a few points that must be noted. They are:
1. The topic connotes that there is a need for change.
2. It also means there are some people designed to effect that change which is why we are talking about world changers.
3. Emergence in that topic shows that those changers are still either delayed, hidden or dormant somewhere. If they are not then we will not be talking about emergence.
Preconditions for being a world changer:
1. You must be unconventional. You can’t be the same or think like the world you want to change.
2. You need to be TRULY and thoroughly educated. The education in this context goes far beyond the education of the classroom which barely does much for you. I am talking about the education of your mind that stretches it to think and be a solution provider. Only solution providers can be world changers.
3. You have to be ready to fight norms rather than conform. You can’t change anything by simply conforming. The idea of joining them if you can’t beat them will not work for you as a world changer. You must consistently strategize to beat them.
… to be continued.
Fola Daniel Adelesi
My books are now available on http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/foladaniel Please go there to buy. Thank you!
+234 (0)803 416 3006
fola-daniel – Skype
@foladaniel – Twitter
Edible Pen » Public Speaking | Business Development and Management Training | Business Proposals | Consulting| Master of Ceremony | Blog Training | +234 (0)803 416 3006 |firstname.lastname@example.org