I know that this is a slogan that’s popular with Liverpool Football Club but as I began to reflect on it recently, I realized that it is a statement you will have to keep as your resolution if you truly intend to succeed! There is no one going somewhere in life or who intends to achieve greatness that will be able to do it alone and for that reason, you must never walk alone. You have to walk with people who can inspire you to continue going and with people who can help you to get to where you are going.
Life is not a lone walk way. I admit that there are times you will have to be in a lonely position. It could be times when you need to retreat and reflect. It could those times when you alone can resolve some of the issues you have just by thinking right. But you need to know that such moments come once in a while. If you don’t learn to walk with people you will be in some unnecessary situations. Sometimes, the reason we find ourselves in the mess that we are in is because we have refused to walk with the right people who can just save us a lot of stress with one word or advice!
We all can make our lives a lot better when we begin to leverage on the synergy that we can enjoy by learning from other people and walking with them. In my own thoughts, some of the people you will have to walk with in life include the following:
1. People who always get you started – these are the people will never stop pushing you. They will always be on your neck. Once they know that you are good at something, they will stop at nothing until they make sure you make the most of your talents, skills or resources. You sometimes need these kinds of people around if you are not a self-starter in life.
2. People who inspire you to continue – there are those who may never know how you got into the positive things you are doing. But they sure know how to inspire you to continue. They have no money to offer you and they do not have the contact to help you achieve your dreams. All they have is the motivation to help you continue. You will need these people because there could be down times. There could be times when you feel like giving up. These people will be there to remind you of the benefits that await you.
3. People who inspire you by providing directions – some other people may have travelled the same road that you intend to travel or they may know people who have. You can leverage on their experience to get to where you are going in life. When you walk with people who can provide directions, you will save yourself the stress of spending too much time on the road. Apart from the fact that you will spend less time on the road, you will also save up resources being consumed on your journey! When I am driving to a new place, I always like to drive in company of those who know the place. It saves me some fuel, it saves me time and also saves me the stress of getting into the hands of wicked law enforcement traffic officers.
4. Those who inspire you with resources – there are those who just believe in what you are doing and they are willing to give you the needed resources. When we talk about resources, it is not only money that we are talking about here. Someone can give you a resource that money will never be able to buy! Someone may also give you something that’s no longer in the market. It could be a book that will help you on your business or journey in life. It could be any other thing apart from money and it can also be money!
5. And those who will help you stay on top – when you finally make it in life, there will still be people who are needed for you to stay on top. You will need these kinds of people who would have succeeded at one thing or the other to tell you about life at the top. These are the people who will clear all the myths that you have about being a success. They tell you how to walk and how not to walk at the top and what you must do to stay on top of your game.
If you think you can walk alone, you will miss out a great deal! You will spend more that what you are supposed to spend and can exhaust your resources trying to do it on your own! Life is a lot cheaper when you get help from people so, never walk alone!
Fola Daniel Adelesi
http://www.ediblepensms.com … fast sms!
fola-daniel – Skype
@foladaniel – Twitter